You can participate in this experience from your home. Communion (the Lord’s Supper) is an ordinance given to all believers by Jesus to remember his sacrifice for us and to symbolize the new covenant. Communion will be part of our service at 10:15 am.
The elements of bread and wine/juice are symbols of Christ’s broken body and shed blood. Communion is not a means of salvation, rather, it is a testament of a believer’s faith in the atoning work of the cross. If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, join us online to remember his GREAT sacrifice. If you are not in the place where you consider Christ your Savior then sit back and enjoy the service like normal.
HOW TO TAKE COMMUNION ONLINE
1. Purchase Grape Juice (quantity depends on size of your group)
2. Purchase Bread or Baked Crackers
- Unleavened bread is the best expersion of the "bread" element. Unleavened bread simply is bread baked without a rising agent (most large grocery stores stock unleavened bread), but you can select any bread or cracker of your choice.
3. Be Ready at Home with Your Elements
- We will direct you through properly receiving communion. All you need to do is follow along online individually, as a group.
SCRIPTURE REFERENCES FOR PERSONAL USE
Matthew 26:26-30; Mark 14:22-26; Luke 22:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-29